Upside Down, You’re Turning Me!:
Basic Inversions and Arm Balances Workshop
Many yogis will say their biggest challenge in their physical practice is approaching inversions. If you are like many other practitioners, your inversions could use some work. Mike will share the basic mechanics of inversion postures. He will focus on safely helping you achieve these major inversions (headstand, forearm stand, handstand, shoulder stand). The use of props (if needed) will also be incorporated.
What you can expect in this workshop:
- We will discuss why inversions are an important part of the asana practice and why they are so beneficial.
- This workshop will consist of Pranayama (breathing exercises), Asana (postures), and Dhyana (meditation).
- We will move through a shortened Dharma Yoga sequence to ignite the tapas (internal heat), thus getting the body and mind prepared for inversions.
- We will find out what works and what does not work for you, because everyone’s body is structured differently.
- Beginners:We will dissect the ways to get you inverted without scaring the mind or the body.
- Intermediate Practitioners:We will find ways to get you away from the wall.
Appropriate for: All levels